Just tryin' to get a nut...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ghengis, as I've said before, is a funny bastard. Always pushing the envelope, he is a consistent source of entertainment and always on the hunt for new adventures. If he could spell, he'd be the one with the blog, as his experiences are a plethora of comic material.

A couple of months back, Ghengis was already planning his Halloween costume. True to form, he wasn't going to do the lazy guy thing and hit a Walgreen's for a Scream mask and a plastic knife an hour before the party. Oh no. This was gonna be special.

G: "I've got it all figured out. I'm gonna be a squirrel."
K: "I thought you were gonna be a lobster."
G: "Pffft. That was LAST month. Check it out."

[sends ebay link over instant messenger]


K: "Um, won't it be a bit snug in a 2T? You might wanna go bigger, 4T even"
G: "I called her, silly, she's gonna make it for me custom."
K: "The kiddie costume is $45 bucks, how much for adult size?"
G: "$200."
K: "WHAT???"
G: "K, it's custom made."
K: "Well I KNOW, but it's quite an investment."
G: "It'll be SO much fun."

K: "You're not just buying this for Halloween, are you...you're a PLUSHIE! You're gonna keep it under your bed with the sex toys and the lube, ADMIT IT!!!"
G: "NO!!!"
K: "Hey, it's all good, to each his own. Just don't ask me to scratch behind your ears, pal."

I half didn't believe that he was actually going through with it, but we had dinner tonight with Yvonne and the subject came up.

G: "Hey, I've got the head in my car if you wanna see."
Y: "YES! Go get it!!!"

He came back into the restaurant actually WEARING it.


The whole place busted up laughing. He even made a little scrunchy face so Yvonne could take a picture.

G: "I wanna go into a supermarket, in full costume, just to buy a bag of cashews."
K: "That would be AWESOME. You could open up the bag and fill your cheeks right there in front of the cashier."

I haven't seen him in full rodent regalia yet, but judging from the quality of the head piece, it should be quite a sight. In fact, it was so inviting that I VOLUNTARILY gave his ears a little scratch.

Anyway, when I got home, Oldest Child started whining that we forgot to carve his pumpkin, so I had him choose a stencil and got it over with. End result isn't bad, considering how bad I suck at anything artistic.


Yeah, I know. My tombstones suck. Rub it in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SaveNetRadio.org