Wow

Saturday, February 05, 2011

I haven't looked at this blog in more than 2 years, long enough in fact that I forgot the email address I used for it, had to do a password recovery, the whole deal. For a few minutes, I actually panicked that I wouldn't be able to get back into it; I've had it fully shut off to all readers since the last time I logged in, so without my log in information, I wouldn't be able to read it ever again. So many stories, photos, odd little snippets from 3 crucial years of my life when I went from "completely fucked and lost in my role as a wife/mother/career woman" to "having a few things figured out," it would be a shame to lose.

I spent the last 2 hours reading back through my oldest posts, and found many stories about my then-small children and odd career pit stops that I'd flat out forgotten. It was like re-connecting with an old friend.

I'd forgotten how important this blog was to me during that time. It was the only forum I had to completely unload my fears, frustrations, hopes and joys. I had a couple hundred loyal followers at one point, who supported and cheered me on as I attempted to navigate my daily life. It was the only real therapy I ever had, and I don't think I would have survived the mid 2000's without it.

In any case, I write this more for myself than anyone else; who even FOLLOWS blogs anymore, much less writes them. Almost everyone I linked in my sidebar has either deleted or abandoned theirs, which is sad because they were so witty and honest, but I guess I'm not the only one who found other outlets over the years. I may put in a post or two here and there just to document what's happening in my life. Dear Diary...

4 Comments:

  • At 4/06/2011 11:21 AM, Anonymous BukesInBoston said…

    Hello K. It's good to see you "back." I assumed you went on with life and left this place long forgotten.

    Then again, most have. I deleted mine about a year ago, because of circumstances that could fill a blog itself. And in a way I miss it. The ability to say what I have done helped me make sense of it... or at least understand what a flawed being I was.

    Perhaps I'll get back to it. The trend may have died, but trends come back just as easily. And besides, I need a place to put the clutter in my brain down on. It's just remained upstairs, something to dwell on. Maybe we can "bring it back."

    It's nice to know you are alive and seemingly well.

    ~BukesInBoston

     
  • At 4/06/2011 3:00 PM, Blogger K said…

    I was SO bummed when I found yours to be deleted. You were my favorite by far! If you start her up again, be sure to let me know. :)

     
  • At 4/06/2011 3:32 PM, Anonymous BukesInBoston said…

    Relying on a dead blog to contact you wasn't very efficient. You gave me no other means. But I guess we all separate certain aspects of our lives one way or the other.

    I'll be more than happy to let you know. It would be nice to resume communication. I trust you are well.

     
  • At 4/08/2011 7:10 PM, Blogger K said…

    I've got email on my profile. Keep me updated!

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org