Things that made me happy today

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

  1. Filling the tank of my car
  2. Coughing up phlegm
  3. My kid coming down with a virus
  4. Same kid puking in the waiting room at the doctor's office
  5. A lone forest green crayon stain (dried and set in) on a brand new pair of jeans
  6. The passenger side window in my car falling off the track just as I pulled from the driveway
No, I've not lost my mind:
  1. It only cost me $40. I've spent up to $60 in recent months.
  2. I've been congested for 5 days and I'm finally coughing it all up. Whee!
  3. At least it's not a bacterial infection, otherwise we'd have to take him to the hospital for an antibiotic shot (he's autistic and cannot be coaxed into taking medication orally).
  4. Hey, better than puking all over Daddy's car, which is where he was 30 seconds prior to entering the waiting room.
  5. The entire load of laundry got covered in magenta and green, so for one pair of jeans to survive with a single green streak was pretty freakin' lucky.
  6. If it had fallen off at work, I would have had to drive home an hour with my window open and rattling violently in chilly weather.

Your expectations for happiness certainly take a big fuckin' dive once you reach your thirties.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/22/2008 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait till you're approaching your 40s. You'll be amazed at what will make you smile.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org