Good evening, folks...

Sunday, November 11, 2007

I can't imagine that anyone is even reading this right now. I turned the blog off a couple of months ago and really didn't even look back. I've pared down my internet consumption quite a bit, and have tried to focus on things that are more constructive "I.R.L."

The words simply don't come as easily as they used to, and I'm not sure if it's because of time constraints or if something has changed in me. In the beginning, my readership was only a select few people that I actually "knew I.R.L." By the time I pulled the plug, I had a couple hundred people who poked their respective heads in from time to time to check on my progress, or in most cases, lack thereof. I think my writing changed a bit as readership grew, though I didn't realize it at the time. In the beginning, I used my writing as a form of emotional vomit, getting it all out of me so I would finally feel better; by the end, every word I wrote was with an audience in mind. Not how I ever wanted this to be.

I think I'm going to get back to the basics of visceral spewage. Stay tuned for all that mess.

Before I expose all two of you to a screen full of upchuck, an update; I've been semi-promoted. Semi-, meaning that I've taken a position with a clear path to a position greater than the position I am currently in. I'm hoping to be promoted for real and working 10 minutes from my house by spring. Yee haw. I start the new job a week from tomorrow.

Whether I've made the jump from frying pan to fire remains to be seen, but one thing is always certain; I will continue to land in stupid fucked-up situations, no matter how hard I try not to. It's just what I do.

5 Comments:

  • At 11/12/2007 7:40 AM, Blogger LoveBoatCaptain said…

    You know - Sammy was JUST asking me on Saturday what happened to your page... Sunday rolls around, and BAM! Here you are! :)

    So glad to have you back - I've been on the post-slacking side myself, also trying to get out of that slump, so hopefully I'll have stuff to make YOU laugh soon... In the meantime, I can stop worrying why I was locked out without a password from my Daily sKWeez... lol

    Hope all is great by you, and looking forward to the visceral spewage coming soon!

     
  • At 11/12/2007 9:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Welcome back K! As lbcapt said, I was missing you terribly! Congrats on the job and I wish you the best. I've been slacking on my blog as well, guess we are all doing the adult thing...lol.

     
  • At 11/13/2007 7:42 PM, Blogger J. said…

    Congrats on the new semi-gig and welcome back. I knew there was a reason I was putting off updating my blogroll.

     
  • At 11/17/2007 10:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Welcome back! Glad to see you return and bring on the projectiles....

     
  • At 11/17/2007 11:12 PM, Blogger Angewl said…

    Welcome Back!

    I was missing your blogs and was hoping everything was okay.

    Good Luck in the new job!

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org