Might as well have it tattooed on my forehead.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Loser. That's me.

Once again I've gotten myself into an untenable job situation. What I wouldn't give just to find a job, just one job, one that doesn't drive me crazy and fuck me over sideways. A job with health insurance, one that is within 30 miles of my home, one that doesn't pay like shit. Apparently, all of these things together are too damned much to ask. Over the last 24 hours, I've sent out almost 20 job applications. I'm done with this shit.

I'm done with working 56.2 miles from my front door. I'm done with cut-throat office politics and bullshit drama. I'm done with VP's promising one thing one minute and backstepping over it the next.

Does every job suck this bad? I'm starting to think the problem is me, and not them. I continue to be amazed at the dynamics of the corporate world, how people will step on your face sooner than look at you, how there are these weird politics and undercurrents to every seemingly innocent situation and GOD HELP YOU if you get swept up in it. Clearly, my skin is not thick enough for this crap. It has become painfully clear that I am far better suited teaching 8 year olds how to multiply than I am taking shit from grown-ups.

Now, the age old question; back to teaching, or do I stick with a business job closer to home? The problem with teaching is that the crappy jobs you get stuck with during your first 2 years or so don't come with benefits, and I've always carried the health insurance. The problem with a business job is that I'll probably never have an opportunity to go back to teaching.

Decisions decisions.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/12/2007 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're a teacher at heart. The kids need you and the parents need you. Tell the old man that it's time to get a job with health insurance so you can get your foot with the chopped up heel in the door. In a couple of years you can start carrying the insurance again and he go back to where he was. If not, Maybe your state has insurance that you can get for your children. Think outside the box for insurance and get your ass back in the classroom!

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org