I think Ghengis is mad at me...

Friday, December 01, 2006

I was at work the other day, talking to a coworker of mine who has dealings with Ghengis in our other office (as you may recall, Ghengis was the one who set me up with the interview and such. I owe him, like, a bundt cake or something). We were discussing the new PS3, and the conversation wandered off to the Nintendo Wii and shit like that...when he suddenly started selling Ghengis and his video game habits right down the river. Apparently, Ghengis is the proud owner of "Guitar Hero," which is a Playstation game that comes with a toy guitar so you can pretend to rock out to fabulous hits such as More Than a Feeling and Sharp Dressed Man.

The mental picture was almost too much. I was actually considering this game for Oldest Child, who is 8...never did the thought of grown men owning such things cross my mind. Clearly, I could not let this go unacknowledged, so I sent him a short email this morning entitled "What's up, Guitar Hero?" Anyone who knows me well knows that this is a standard, and harmless, K ribbing. If you're on the receiving end, consider yourself loved.

He tersely replied that it was a great game, and that the coworker-guy likes to run his mouth. I then proceeded to rib him about buying a Nintendo Wii, and he got even more defensive.

Finally, I playfully accused him of owning Dance Dance Revolution. He stopped replying.

I kinda felt bad at that point...perhaps this is a "guy" thing that I was not supposed to know about. Do men have secret "Guitar Hero" duels on the weekends, between bar-hopping and football? Fucked if I know, but I started over-thinking the whole thing and became sincerely concerned that I bruised his ego. If he wants to prance around his living room, wailing on a 3/4 scale Gibson with no strings, who am I to mock? It's really no different than the hairbrush that we have all used as a microphone, the steering wheel that serves as a drum, and the shower that makes you feel like you actually can warble those Celine Dion high notes without completely embarrassing yourself. Man, am I a bitch or what. I am not one to piss in anyone's cheerios, but I felt as though I'd throughly soaked his.

So Ghengis...I don't even know if you read this anymore, but I'm sorry I picked on you. I pledge to never question your gaming habits ever again, and to be supportive and nonjudgmental of whatever it is that you do in your spare time, even if it is a little "different." Cuz that's how GREAT of a friend I am. In fact, let's duel motherfucker...Fly to the Angels shall we?

2 Comments:

  • At 12/01/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger LoveBoatCaptain said…

    To be fair to Ghengis, Guitar Hero, and it's newly released sibling, Guitar Hero 2 (there's a fucking clever name - let's be thankful it wasn't yet another "2.0") is a shitload of fun to play. No, I don't own it, but as Babylon will attest, Best Buy's display attracts many-a-twenty-something...

    As for gaming in general - for kids it's all about fun. For adults (and adults who want to be kids), it's an escape. Be sure that as soon as the Wii becomes more widely available (and after I get my holiday bonu$), I'll be one of the first in line. It just looks like so much fun!

    Hope all is well on your end otherwise, and that your recent situation turns out to be exactly what you think it is - nothing... :)

    -LBC

     
  • At 12/08/2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH K!! We have Guitar Hero AND Guitar Hero 2! My dh plays it way more than any of us! I loaned it to a friend who's ds is autistic and he couldn't play it cause his dad was on it all the time! LOL!! Give it a shot sometime! You'll never put it down!

    OH!! And my dh got himself the Wii for Christmas! *snicker*

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org