Black Shit

Monday, December 04, 2006

Middle Child has been coming home with this black, tar-like substance under his fingernails on and off for about 5 months. At first, we thought it was something on the bus...ruled that out when the bus driver swore that his fingers were already black when he got on the bus. Finally, we figured out that he was picking at the sealant around the windows while he was waiting in the hallway for his bus. His teacher swore they'd keep a better eye on him...but it kept happening. Every now and then, my poor kid would come off the bus with black fingers and black lips from trying to get it out from under his fingers.

I'd call...and call...and call again. I find it to be a quite reasonable request for a teacher to watch a special needs child closely enough that he isn't sticking window sealant into his mouth. Every time, she swears she'll direct her aides to watch him more closely...well the other day, it fucking happened again. So I called...again.

K: "Hi Miss [SPED], this is [K].
MS: "Oh hello Mrs. [K].
K: "Listen, [Middle Child] came home with that black stuff all over his fingers again.
MS: "Oh yes...he gets into the windows while we're waiting for the bus."
K: "Yeah, I know how it's happening."
MS: "Well his bus always comes last...we keep complaining to the bus company..."
K: "I understand. But what I need is for him not to get into the windows anymore."
MS: "But he's really sneaky about it..."
K: [starting to cop attitude] "Yeah, well he doesn't know any better."
MS: "Oh I know...but it's so difficult..."
K: "I appreciate any effort you can give. I don't think that stuff is good for him."
MS: "We'll do what we can. But he's sneaky."
K: [hangs up before telling Miss Sped to fuck off]


Am I nuts? What the fuck? So if he gets into the janitor's closet and starts drinking bleach, it's his fault because he's SNEAKY? Isn't public school grand?

1 Comments:

  • At 12/08/2006 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell them to hold his and and keep him with them the entire time. WTF!! Crazy bitches!

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org