Welcome to the real world.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Well I ran into my first bit of corporate bullshit this week. Not going into too much detail, let's just say that a certain manager of another department was offended when I leaned forward onto the conference table and rested my head on my hand as I looked up at the projector during an internal training meeting. He told my boss, the VP, that it looked as though I was "napping." Needless to say, I was horribly offended myself, and seeing as the guy was making off-color jokes and leaning way back in his chair with his hands behind his head the entire time, I'm kind of pissed that someone who has his own issues with professionalism had the gall to raise any question about mine.

I've also come to realize that about 20 people interviewed internally for my position, and that some of the unfriendliness I've been feeling is a direct result of that backlash. Great. Like that's even my fault.

I'm still training, and it's boring...but I'm trying to stay positive. I should start doing some real work, and having a little more autonomy, come January, but I fear that my ass will permanently conform to the "ergonomic" chairs in the conference room before that ever happens.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/20/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger K said…

    See Bukes, that's what's killing me. I've been extremely conscientious, I practically peppered the guy with questions and comments, and have been kissing ass everywhere that's appropriate. I think I must have wronged this asshole in a previous life or something, but whatever. I'm not worrying about it. I know this is the kind of shit you come across at every company, so I'm not thinking the grass is greener or anything.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org