Update

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Well week 1 at the new job is complete, and I've not been fired, so that's positive. Sadly, I was unable to give hellhole the notice they so richly did NOT deserve, but I can't seem to muster up any guilt over that.


I had full intention of giving a week of notice...standard for a part time gig. I walked in Monday and could not get my boss alone to save my life. It was a busy night, and when I finally did get her attention, she gave me a rash of shit about something that wasn't even my fault. Then she started being rude to the people who worked for me. Then she started saying over and over, "Well I'm not going to be here tomorrow night, so you'd better get suchandsuch resolved before then," basically rubbing it in that she gets to be home with her kid for Halloween and the rest of us couldn't because she wouldn't give us the night off. Every time she decided to unleash her inner bitch on me, I just smiled. I walked out that night with no intention of ever going back.


The next day (Halloween), I called in sick at 2pm (my shift starts at 5, plenty of time to call in a replacement) and enjoyed Trick or Treating with my kids. I came home to several angry messages...delete...delete...


Wednesday, I drove over to HR after I got home from work and dropped off my letter of resignation. More angry messages. Delete...chuckle...delete...delete...


Haven't heard anything since then. I would say I've burned that bridge right down to the ground. Fuck them anyway. The only thing that bothers me is that I've NEVER bagged on a job like that and that it would have been better to go in and face the music, but I just couldn't deal with a bunch of guilt trips from people that I don't even like. I don't make purely selfish decisions often, so I'm allowed every now and then.


The job is good, I really like the people I work with, and the commute isn't bad at all...little to no traffic. I won't start taking on clients until I'm fully trained (probably January), but I have a pretty good idea of what I'll be doing and I have no regrets.


I'm trying to stay positive and stop expecting some shit to hit the fan...as it usually does...but with my luck, who knows.


Tonight I'm stuck going to a birthday party at a bowling alley with all three of my demons. That should turn into a good story, I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/04/2006 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go K! This has been a long time coming and WELL deserved for you!

    Don't worry about the hellhole. They have other souls to torment.

    *Hugs and Kisses*

    ~Philly

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org