What?

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This morning, Youngest Child was watching It's a Big Big World on PBS. Now, we've generally never been a PBS family (my demons have generally preferred Nickelodeon), but lately Youngest Child is all about it. I commented to the husband, who was getting ready to leave for work, that this particular show seemed to be a cross between Fraggle Rock and Bear in the Big Blue House.



H: "Have you seen that other show, with the balls?"
K: "With the WHAT?"
H: "The balls. One of the balls is red, and it has a beak."
K: "So the balls talk?"
H: "Yeah, they're like ducks or something."
K: "Ducks."
H: "And there's this other ball...it's yellow..."
K: "Does it have a beak as well?"
H: "It's kind of pear shaped. With a beak."
K: [laughing hysterically]
H: "I'm SERIOUS! And then there's a blue one..."
K: "Another beaked ball?"
H: "Yeah. But this one is retarded."
K: [hyperventilating] "WHAT?"
H: "The blue one, it's 'special' or something. I don't know."
K: "And what channel is this on?"
H: "I don't fuckin' know. But it's stupid."



If anyone knows what show my husband is referring to...PLEASE...leave a comment. This I gotta see.

4 Comments:

  • At 10/04/2006 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peep and the Big Wide World, according the the ad on my son's Click magazine that arrived today. Weekday mornings during Ready Set Learn! on TLC and the Discovery Kids channel. They certainly look like they could be retarded.

     
  • At 10/04/2006 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.peepandthebigwideworld.com/videos/themesong.html

     
  • At 10/05/2006 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, I've got to comment. It is Peep and the Big Wide World and, yes, I admit it I love it. Its narrated by Joan Cusack and the "blue ball" is a wise cracking duck. This is one show that I can stand having my daughter watch. I swear if I catch her watching HI-5 one more time I'll scream.

     
  • At 10/05/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger K said…

    The blue dude looks more like an eggplant than a duck.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org