No inspiration...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I've been a bit MIA as of late...I started a "new" job (I took a job as a supervisor on a different shift, as the motherfuckers completely screwed me over on my old shift), my oldest son has been getting in constant trouble at school (suspended today for cutting a little girl's hair...HA! We're so proud.), and my house is a shambles from various remodeling projects we have going on.


I still have no teaching job, in fact I've not gotten a call for an interview since the last rejection debaucle. I start subbing again next week, which I really hoped I wouldn't have to go back to, but here I am. $80 a day and a bunch of little bastards telling me I'm not the "boss" of them, woooooooo, can't wait.


My birthday was a few weeks ago, even THAT sucked. Historically, my birthday has always been a fucking disaster. On my 25th birthday, I got my first antidepressants; on my 28th, I got a speeding ticket, and this year was no different.


The day started out nicely enough, I had lunch with my godmother and went shopping. She's the only one in my family who still treats me like a kid on my birthday, and it's kind of nice. I got home, and the husband took me out shopping for a new digital camera, as Middle Child murdered it last month (along with the cake topper from my wedding and an antique Japanese screen...aaaaaahhhhhhh). We went to three different places before finally deciding on a very nice Olympus with 15x zoom and tons of nifty little useless features. We stood at the counter at Best Buy, practically waving money around to get some attention (the lone salesperson was busy with some guy browsing for a camcorder), for a solid half an hour when I finally went over to customer service.


K: "Hi. We'd like to spend money. Can someone else help us over at the camera counter?"
CS: "No."
K: "Um. What?"
CS: "There's only one person working over there tonight."
K: "Look, we know exactly what we want, we're not looking for someone to hold our hand like the dude with the camcorders over there. We just need someone to get it out of the case and ring it up."
CS: "We can't do that."
K: [glancing over at the 5 guys in blue shirts doing nothing over by the computers] "So none of those hardworking fellas over there can scoot on over and help us out?"
CS: "No."
K: "So you'd rather I not spend $300 in your store."
CS: "Uhhhh..."
K: [storms off pissed]


We gave it 5 more minutes and were just about to leave [camcorder guy was still hemming and hawing between 3 models...I wanted to stab him in the eye with my car keys] when a Blue Shirt swooped in and offered to help us. Halle-fuckin-lujah. We pointed out the model and he got kinds stiff.


BS: "Ummm..."
K: "Christ. What."
BS: "I think we're out of stock..."
K: "WHAT???"
BS: [opens case] "Yup. Fresh out. You can order it online though."
K: "I'D RATHER DRIVE NAILS INTO MY EYEBALLS. WE'RE SO OUT OF HERE!!!"

So we stormed off, me ranting about how I'd never set foot in that shithole ever again for as long as I lived. I'm fairly certain I scared several small children on my way out.


Needless to say, I will never buy another thing at that place again. Every time I've ever been there, it's been the same story; not enough help, lousy customer service, and long lines. Fuck that place. I got the camera from Amazon 20 bucks cheaper and shipped for free, so FUCK YOU BEST BUY. Fuck you AND your seductively low prices.


I was in the worst mood the rest of the night, and drowned my sorrows in an alcoholic beverage at The Outback. Another birthday, full of suckage.


If I have anything interesting to write about, I'll be sure to check in. Right now...NADA.

6 Comments:

  • At 10/03/2006 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Belated Birthday! Your birthday sounds like what happens on my anniversary... majorly sucks! But hey, alcohol always makes it better! Hugs!

     
  • At 10/03/2006 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sandi, what K really needs is some girly sex. Can you help her out with that?

    Please?

    You'd be doing us all a favor. We miss her so.

    *sob*

    ~Philly

     
  • At 10/03/2006 11:18 PM, Blogger K said…

    Sandi loves the cock too much to do the girly thing!!!


    We should have a drink Sandi, let me know! I'll try not to take you to a DIVE this time.

     
  • At 10/04/2006 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did I hear GIRLY SEX??? I'm so there!

     
  • At 10/04/2006 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated birthday! Head on out to CA. I'm always up for trying something new. Heck, bring Sandi and Jessica too!

     
  • At 10/04/2006 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, I guess I'm not doing my job then......


    K, you know the rules regarding "girly sex"......

    We can destroy the evidence after we all watch it together.

    ......wow, I sound like a typical guy... nice.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org