Mashed Potato Martini Bar!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I got dragged to a wedding last night, and was introduced to the single most awesome thing I've ever seen at a catered event: The Mashed Potato Martini Bar.


You get a martini glass, a scoop of mashed potatoes, and a selection of toppings for your starch-filled treat. Various veggies, sauces, bacon bits, sour cream...it was seriously the coolest thing I've seen in a while, and it was a huge hit.

My girlfriend and I (she's the one who dragged me as her "date") were completely in awe. This wedding was at the snootiest country club in the state, so of course we got some rolling eyes from the wait staff as we fawned over the mashed potatoes.

Anyway, it was kind of a bore, as I didn't know too many people (my prom date was there, though...good God), but I did get some incriminating video from the dance floor that I thought I'd share. The lighting is poor, but you get the idea.

Here we see the groom and 2 of his friends getting down and dirty to "Dancing Queen" by Abba. Apparently, they requested it.





And then we had the chubby accountant leading a stirring rendition of the "Cotton Eye Joe" dance.





Finally, we had a full out performance of "Ice Ice Baby."





They opted not to have a videographer (probably to avoid the capture of moments such as these) but never fear...K was on the case.


Perhaps I'm mean to laugh. But what's the point of going to a wedding where you don't know anybody if you can't make fun of a few drunks? If I did some horrible dance to "Ice Ice Baby" then I personally would not blame anyone for pointing and laughing.

5 Comments:

  • At 10/08/2006 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, that was a crack up! "Even I'm not that white trash." You have needed a smile lately and good food and funny company always does the trick. Glad you had fun!

     
  • At 10/09/2006 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohh, the mashed potato martini... I've had this... what heaven.... mmmmmmm I'll have to do it for my next wedding. ppffftttt...

    I thought they only did the cotton eyed joe in Tx. Damn Hicks!

    W

     
  • At 10/09/2006 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its the rednect macarena! You genius

     
  • At 10/10/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger K said…

    Nope, we have plenty of wannabe rednecks up this way apparently. I haven't been so entertained in months.

     
  • At 10/11/2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A girl after my own heart--hanging out in the back laughing at people. I love it!

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org