Interview. Not for teaching.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The other night, I broke my wedding ring at the hellhole when I slammed my hand in a metal bin. It's fixable, but one of the prongs on the setting is bent and the band is snapped. I'm so pissed I can barely see straight. Now I have an impression on my ring finger and no ring to wear until it's fixed. So. Pissed.


Coinciding with my "last straw" ring mutilation, a good friend of mine got me an interview with his company tomorrow morning. It's a bit of a commute, but it sounds like the salary would be far beyond anything I would ever see teaching. Seeing as I'm working 2nd shift now (roughly 5:30-10:30), I barely see the kids as it is, so a regular day job may be the way to go. They're all in school now, so I'd just be looking at some after school care, which isn't bad since I have a great home daycare lady.


I'm just so sick of working in a place where I constantly ruin my khakis, tear up my hands, and come home looking like I just rolled around in dirt. That place sucks so fucking bad. I don't know if it sucks worse than it used to, or if I'm just at the end of my rope, but it's clear that I have to get the fuck out of there before I lose it.


The timing is a bit sucky, because of all the issues I'm having with Oldest Child, but I guess I'll worry about all that if I even get an offer.


Wish me luck. God knows I'll probably fuck this up too, but hope springs eternal.

5 Comments:

  • At 10/18/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    K -

    Yay! Excited for you!

    Commutes can be a nice time to settle yourself down after work, too - a little bit of just-you time where you don't have to be Mommy or answer to anyone. Turn the music up loud and enjoy!

     
  • At 10/18/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger ~Erica said…

    Sendin' you luck! You & I sound so much alike...I just got an application today & I've been at my place of hell, er, employment for 16 years.

     
  • At 10/18/2006 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fingers and toes crossed for you K.

     
  • At 10/19/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger K said…

    I've got a 2nd interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

     
  • At 10/19/2006 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rock on K.
    Good luck.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org