Urban Dictionary

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Apparently, one of my loyal readers submitted the name of my blog to Urban Dictionary.


On one hand, it's kinda nifty...on the other, I take this as absolute proof that just about anything you submit will get approved for addition to the site, as I do not think that my 100 reader base is quite enough for anyone outside of those 100 people to think that I should be listed in any kind of reference guide.


I received the link to the entry via email, with this message:


"Call it an early bday present even though you are a closet conservative!!!"


I guess believing that people from other countries should have to use legal channels to gain entry to the U.S. makes me a dark-sided Republican. Who knew?

3 Comments:

  • At 5/03/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger K said…

    I was paraphrasing, geesh. I guess in my recollection of the email, I must have combined your "dark side" comment with the comment in your email. I fixed it.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 6:36 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 6:38 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said…

    Well, given that the people who flew the planes into buildings on 9/11 were all here legally, the terrorist threat from illegals argument doesn't hold much weight. Also, the guys that blew up the building in Oklahoma City were Americans, as was the Unabomber and those two who shot all those people in the DC area.


    Maybe the companies who hire the illegal workers should be shut down. It's much cheaper to hire an illegal - you don't have to pay him minimum wage or overtime or give him any rights whatsoever. If there weren't companies willing and able to exploit these illegal workers, then the workers wouldn't come in such droves. It's a two way street when it comes to hiring illegal workers. There are just as many companies eager to use the cheap labour as there are labourers willing to come and do it.

    My husband and I have been trying to get him a green card for six years. They keep moving the goal posts. At this point, I almost wish he'd done it illegally - he'd probably be a citizen already. But instead, we get lost paperwork and the run around, time and time again.

    I do agree that something needs to be done, but I don't think that it's the crisis the government and the media are making it out to be.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org