Immigration

Monday, May 01, 2006

I just have to comment briefly on this immigration business that's been in the news lately. Today is apparently some kind of day of protest, with immigrants walking out and calling in to work to show their "power" and contribution to the U.S. economy.


All I can say is WHAT A BUNCH OF SHIT.


Yes, this country was built on immigration...but times have changed. We can barely take care of the people who already live here, never mind a bunch of people sneaking over the border. We can barely educate our own children. There are veterans, who have risked their lives for our freedom, living on the streets and who have inadequate healthcare. There are single parents to bust their asses working two and three jobs because affordable childcare just doesn't exist...I could go on and on. The bottom line is that the welfare system is bogged down by legal immigrants as it is, and we are expected to take on more?


"You snuck in illegaly? Oh, ok...welcome! Here's a check, here's an education for all the children you may have, and here's a job."


Is this what we are expected to do?


There is no other country in the world that has taken in and financially supported as many immigrants as the U.S. has in the last 30 years. I'd like to know when the U.S. will be off the hook. When is another country going to step up to the plate and start helping the citizens of 3rd world countries like the U.S. has?


Here's an idea! Let's all storm a country...let's say France...millions of us, we'll all run into France and wave French Flags and tell them (in English) how they should just open their doors and let us move in. We'll demand that they take jobs away from French citizens so that we can work, and hey, if there's no jobs, then they should support us until we get on our feet. How they should pour more funding into their schools for all of the kids we're bringing along (and the kids we're gonna have). How they should have translators available at all time since we don't feel like learning French because that would DILUTE our native traditions.


Yeah, let's see how that goes over. Why is this shit okay in THIS country when it would never fly anyplace else in the world?

11 Comments:

  • At 5/01/2006 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was watching the news today and seeing the protests and thinking, "Where is INS when you need them? Don't they realize a golden opportunity?"

    Yes, I know. I'm evil too! MWAH HA HA HA!

    ~Philly

     
  • At 5/01/2006 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen, Sister!

     
  • At 5/01/2006 10:55 PM, Blogger K said…

    I will admit, I become more conservative in my old age...I was a bleeding heart liberal right up until I had kids. That changes a lot.


    I would like to see our own people taken care of before anyone else. Where will the money come from to support all of these new immigrants? Increased taxes? Cuts in education? Increased class sizes?


    I live in a city where we've taken on tens of thousands of immigrants over the last 15 years. I've seen a 1 family house turned into a place filled with cots that sleeps upwards of 50 people. I've seen entire yards paved so 12 cars can fit. The schools are exploding with new students, and there is no funding to accomodate them. We don't have the infrastructure to support this sudden explosion in population, and there is no end in sight. As is the case with many cities in the United States, WE ARE FULL.


    I'm sorry, but but in light of the huge homeless problem and the inadequacy of our education system, those issues alone are enough to warrant a limitation on how many new people come into this country every year. I'm not saying we shut the doors completely...that's unreasonable. I'm saying that the proper channels should be taken.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AMEN!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. And, btw, if we're not doing such a good job taking care of their asses, why don't they go back to the place they came from?

     
  • At 5/02/2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Amen! I know exactly where your veiws come from as I have the same opinion you do, you said it better than I could!


    never be weary to show your opinion it makes you who you are!

    Steph

     
  • At 5/02/2006 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with Sandi 100%!

    How about if we have the white-trash-I-expect-a-handout types pay for their ER visits by picking beans to pay off the visit. Let's see, at minimum wage, it should take them about 2 back-breaking weeks to pay for that head cold!

    I also wonder how many tax dollars would be "in the system" if we could hire all the illegals legally and make them pay taxes. Probably enough to pay for this war we are wasting money on.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger K said…

    I just don't understand the mentality that we should throw open the doors and let anyone and everyone in. Why is having limits a bad thing? This isn't utopia, where the tired hungry and poor can come to America and instantly have a better life...how are we to provide for an endless stream of people when we can't even manage the people who are already here?

     
  • At 5/02/2006 3:51 PM, Blogger K said…

    and I am completely with you on the white trash thing...welfare reform is a must...but that's just another example of needing to have our shit together with the dumb bastards that are already inside the borders.


    I have nothing against immigrants...many of them work harder and appreciate more than anybody who happened to be born here. Hell, my mother in law was an immigrant, I wouldn't have my husband if she hadn't come here...but reform is a must! We can't keep on as we have been.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Marc said…

    Pay your fucking payroll taxes and I don't care if you came from Mars. Got here by jumping a fence??? More power to ya-I broke my leg jumping a fence when I was 8. It's dangerous business but I did ironically get out of the salsa/square dancing cultural exchange dance with the ESL kids.

    You guys think the Slowskis on those comcast commercials have an active sex life?

     
  • At 5/03/2006 11:40 PM, Blogger Riss said…

    Thirdly,

    Once the illegal immigrants become legal they'll join unions and no longer do those jobs no one wants to do :P

    Just kidding K, but I'm with you on the immigration thing.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You ROCK!!!!!

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org