Floating away...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Crazy shit going on around here...my New England readers know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Right now, my sump pump is going nuts and I'm pretty sure I saw an old dude building a big boat a few streets over...


Seriously, this is bad. School is already cancelled for tomorrow. The river that I live near is already 2 feet above flood level, with a rise of 5 additional feet expected by early tomorrow afternoon. I do not live in a normal flood zone, but that area is already flooded and my house is RIGHT on the edge of the next zone that would be affected. Streets just a few blocks away are already under water. If things keep going the way they have, we could have the river lapping at our doorstep by lunchtime tomorrow.

So we're busy getting anything of value out of the basement, doing as much laundry as we can before the washer and dryer are submerged, and praying that the forecast is wrong. If it's not wrong, then I could be scooping up the kids and heading up to a relative's house by early tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck to whomever else is in a flood zone. With another week of rain predicted, we're gonna need it.

5 Comments:

  • At 5/15/2006 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Take care of yourself K! You can always come to Pennsylvania!

     
  • At 5/15/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Good Luck K! Sending no rain vibes your way!


    Steph

     
  • At 5/15/2006 8:22 AM, Blogger LoveBoatCaptain said…

    Yes, please take care of yourself and your family... We're all pullin' for ya down here in Florida...

    If you find yourself at the edge, and just need something good to think about, remember:

    "Boobies!"

    See - I told ya - you just can't say it without smiling...

    But seriously - I hope all goes well, and that you guys are safe. I hope your meteorologist is wrong - like forecasters are meant to be (or at least it seems that way)...

    -Josh

     
  • At 5/15/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger K said…

    Dude, I'm more worried about you guys in Florida...have you people start bathing in BBQ sauce or something?


    Thanks guys! Right now, the river is supposed to crest tomorrow...but they're talking about shutting down the water plant, so we may just leave anyway.

     
  • At 5/17/2006 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Boobies!"

    See - I told ya - you just can't say it without smiling...

    The "Captain" is always good for a laugh, as your are!

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org