Dammit.

Monday, May 29, 2006

This morning, as is customary, my first duties were to the children. Fresh clothes, bathroom trips, bowls of cereal, television tuned to children's programming. It was a solid 2 hours before I realized I had done nothing to tend to myself. When the children were sufficiently settled, I put on a pot of coffee and started making myself some toast. I poured a cup of juice and set it on the counter.

Youngest Child, whose favorite food in the world is TOAST, must have smelled it, so he came toddling in.


YC: "Mummy! TOAST!" [points to toaster oven]
K: "No, pumpkin, you already ate. This is Mummy's toast."
YC: "NO! MY TOAST!"
K: "No. It's actually not."
YC: "But...but...but..."
K: "Mummy can make YOU some toast in a little while."
YC: "But...Mummy...TOAST...PWEEEEEASE!!!!!!"


The bottom lip started to quiver. Fine. FINE! I gave him one of my pieces of toast and sent him on his way. It was at this point that the dog decided he had to go out, so I opened the door for him and turned back to what was left of my breakfast.

Um...hello? Toast, juice...where the hell did I leave it?

In the next room, I found Youngest Child happily munching away on TWO pieces of toast, and Middle Child drinking my juice.

At least they don't drink coffee. Yet.

5 Comments:

  • At 5/29/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    bwahahahahahahahahhaha!
    Do you live at my house?

     
  • At 5/30/2006 12:28 AM, Blogger MsCellania said…

    You'd think I'd be rail thin from all the pilfered meals my childen wrangle from me. Sadly, no...

    We should be like Men.
    Men: Me, first - Kids? Last, if at all. Have you ever noticed how women herd their children ahead of them, nudging the last one with a hand?
    Men? They are 15 feet ahead of the little trotting tykes, trying to lose them!

     
  • At 5/30/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Wizzie said…

    Lol at Vickee.

    Not true though. When, it is in most cases. But in some, it's not true.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 3:34 PM, Blogger K said…

    Oh Bob...how we wish we could save you from the bad influences of the men who have come before you. Sadly, your fate is almost sealed...that is, unless your mother taught you well enough to offset the effects. ;)

     
  • At 5/30/2006 4:03 PM, Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said…

    Welcome to my world. Great post.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org