Thanks for nothing.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

ABC News under fire for not reporting taped beating


I was poking around the internet today (something I find I'm doing far too often lately) when I came across this story. Apparently, Primetime on ABC was doing a segment on difficulties that stepfamilies encounter when they captured child abuse on tape. The video shows a really big man slapping his 15 year old daughter, then proceeding to jump on her and punch her repeatedly while screaming in her face. You can find the video here, if you're interested, but be warned that it is extremely graphic.


More disturbing than the beating itself is the fact that ABC never contacted authorities. The first time police saw the video was 3 years after the incident, when the segment aired on national television. Due to the negligence of ABC, the statute of limitations has expired, and no charges will be brought.


This tape made me want to throw up. Now, anyone who's ever been a parent knows that sometimes you have to restrain yourself from wringing a little neck, and can understand the frustration of raising a difficult teenager...but a huge man beating the fuck out of a girl who is probably a third of his size is just over the top and inexcusable. She screams, she cries, she curls up into a fetal position to protect herself, yet he keeps on beating her and screaming obscenities and calling her a "dirty little bitch". Her stepmother does nothing.


ABC should be ashamed of themselves for letting this asshole walk away without consequences.


There is so much abuse that goes undocumented, unpunished, unproven...countless children who have nobody to speak for them, and ABC catches this shit on TAPE and does nothing.


What must she have been thinking? She knew the tape was running. She must have surely thought that the police would be knocking on her door very, very soon...how must she have felt when they never came?


The lady upstairs must have heard me screaming last night...she will ask me what happened.

Coach is sure to ask me about the rug burns on my legs...

My teacher is going to notice the bruise on my nose...right?

Didn't that guy over there just see me get hit?


Those who stand idly by are just as guilty.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/07/2019 3:16 PM, Blogger T.E.A.M. 4 Kids Pediatric Therapy Center In Peoria And Surprise AZ said…

    Great post! I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this short article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org