Take off your t-shirt, poser bitch.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Recently, I've been seeing a shitload of teenaged girls running around in t-shirts proclaiming their love of classic rock. I've been rather puzzled by this phenomenon...clearly, this little blonde bimbette wasn't even a twinkle in her daddy's eye when Yellow Submarine was released, and the redhead over yonder didn't know who the hell Black Sabbath was before Ozzy Osbourne had his shit laid bare on reality TV.

I actually witnessed a conversation about blondie's unwitting tribute to the Beatles:

Girl: "Oh, your t-shirt is so cute."
Blondie: "Thanks!"
Girl: "Yellow is a good color for you."
Blondie: "Right? And I LOVE the ocean, so it's perfect."
Girl: "I didn't know submarines came in yellow."
Blondie: "Yeah, I was kinda confused, but whatever. It's hot, right?"


No bullshit. This is exactly how it went down.

I finally came across the origin of these shirts: WalMart, aka my own personal 7th Circle of Hell. They had a rack full of them for the bargain price of $8.97, everything from AC/DC to Twisted Sister.

I found myself quite annoyed. I've always been of the opinion that you shouldn't wear a band's t-shirt unless you actually listen to their music. I don't give a fuck if yellow is your color, or if the logo looks good stretched across your tits, or if the sparkles on the Rolling Stones trademark tongue will stand out when the strobe lighting comes on at the club...YOU ARE A POSER. Your hot ass is not saving you from being a moron, and you know you'd be much more comfortable in your favorite Ashlee Simpson wife beater.

Shape up, little girls, you're giving those of us who actually have decent taste in music a bad name.

Imagine my surprise when I came across this little gem on Compfused today. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way.


Take Off Your T-Shirt Video

Watch Video

5 Comments:

  • At 4/22/2006 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pssst.....

    You really need me to come to Boston and SOON if you're trying to get the t-shirts off barely legal teen girls now.
    *wink*

    ~philly

     
  • At 4/22/2006 9:06 PM, Blogger K said…

    LMAO! Philly, you're a naughty, dirty girl, and clearly proud of it.

     
  • At 4/23/2006 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yah, but you love it!

    ~Philly

     
  • At 4/24/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger J. said…

    OMG! I actually owned that Queensryche T-shirt back in the day. I think I finally threw it out a couple of years ago when the holes in the armpits were finally larger than the holes for your head and abdomen.

    Damn posers! The little bitches I work with had never even heard Silent Lucidity before! ARRRRGGGH!

     
  • At 5/03/2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOOOO i LOVE queensryche!

    I HAVE all the 80's hair band T shirts. the real ones, the old ones. LOL

    But, I TOTALLY agree with your post, and that song, K.....

    Posers.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org