Snippets

Friday, March 24, 2006

I had my kids do a little internet research project on animals. They were to find their favorite, and use supporting details from a website in their answer. "S" decided that the earthworm is her favorite critter, because "they poo out their mouths".


"A" was bored after finishing a test, and started drawing on her desk. The other teacher in the room gave her a behavior sheet to fill out, where she was to list what she had done wrong and how she would handle such a situation in the future. She listed her offense as "writing on my desk because I was bored out of my mind and the teacher wouldn't let me draw on paper" and her future action plan as "letting my boredom bore a hole in my soul, thus allowing myself to die of boredom." She is 9 years old. I thought it was a riot; the other teacher wasn't all that amused, and made her write it over again.


I noticed that I was missing all of my Sharpies from my pencil cup. I found them in the desk of "J" and took them back while he was in art class. When he got back, he started running around the room, frantically searching for them. I casually asked what he was looking for, with a thinly veiled smirk...he looked at me sheepishly, said "nothing" as he went back to his desk. Steal my shit, will you...little fuckers.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/25/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger LoveBoatCaptain said…

    I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't steal your precious little Sharpies ever again...!

    Oh, wait - wrong "J!"

    -El Capitan

     
  • At 3/25/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger K said…

    Hey, Sharpies are a valued commodity to a teacher. You literally use them EVERY DAY. If my Sharpies get stolen, it completely fucks up my day.


    Sharpies are my Swingline, I suppose.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org