Natalie Dee: I heart you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Today, my husband sent me a link to College Humor, because he saw something that "looked like those shitty pictures by that strange girl you like so much." Well lo and behold, a Natalie Dee Valentine popped up on my screen.


I love the tagline: "Not only is this the most offensive Valentine we've seen, it's probably the most offensive thing ever submitted."

Coming from College Humor, that is quite a flying leap. Are they fucking kidding? Between the various degrading pictures of women and the disgusting "Hey, let's light our farts on fire and see if the hair on our asses ignites as well" videos, I think there are FAR more offensive things over there.

You know, the WTC attack was a horrible thing. I remember where I was when I heard, I remember crying and watching the news for hours, I remember seeing satellite images of the smoke and wondering if the end of the world was truly coming. But you know what? I laughed my ass off when I saw this picture. Natalie Dee has some balls, that's for sure.

Ignorant and heartless? Nope. Sick, twisted sense of humor? Abso-fucking-lutely.

I figure I'll probably get a divided set of opinions and reactions from you, my readers, as you are a VERY diverse and opinionated group of people, but I saw this and just had to share.

My opinion is this: If we can't make light of shitty situations, then the terrorists have truly won. The fact that I am even ALLOWED to see something like this, and decide for myself whether it is offensive or not, is what makes this country great.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/15/2006 6:13 PM, Blogger MsCellania said…

    Yup. It took me a minute to see what it was. I didn't laugh at first, then I finally did chuckle while shaking my head. You nailed it - it's a sick sorta humor thang -- and thank Gawd we live in a country where it's okay to print, feel, think, say, stand on a street corner and preach if you want - what you believe.

     
  • At 2/15/2006 11:53 PM, Blogger LoveBoatCaptain said…

    Should I feel dirty, since I laughed (not quite a guffaw, but a nice chuckle) when I first saw this?

    While it is still a sensitive topic, and a tragic event, I completely agree with you... If we can't move on, then they win...

    -El Capitan

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org