Happy Heart Day!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The husband was considering my Valentine's Day gift weeks in advance...research, price comparisons, online reviews...I knew something big was in the works, but I couldn't quite figure out what. V Day is usually a flowers, candy and maybe a small piece of jewelry type of affair in my house, so I was surprised to say the least.

He consulted the girls at work, who told him that this gift would be a great idea. The lady who sold him said gift said, "Well, if you're gonna buy her a [blank], you might as well get her the best one there is."

I know I've got you excited now..."What could it be???" you're probably thinking. Can't be jewelry...perhaps an electronic gadget of some sort? All he would say was this: "It's expensive, and it's worth a BIG blowjob." Naturally, my curiousity was piqued; the husband doesn't normally expect sexual favors in exchange for gifts, so this shit had to be good.

Last night, he smugly says the words I've been waiting to hear:

"So, do you want your present now, or tomorrow?"

I'm an instant gratification kind of a girl, but of course I said the girl thing: "If you want to give it to me now, then give it to me now." To which he responded [of course], "Ok, I'll wait until tomorrow." I pouted a bit, took a shower, and went into the bedroom to find a giant box hidden under the covers on my side of the bed.

"What the fuck???" I muttered to myself.

I pulled back the comforter to reveal the oddest thing I've ever gotten for Valentine's Day in my entire life.


Yes, boys and girls. My loving husband bought me a vacuum for Valentine's Day. I picked up the box, saw the $499.99 price tag, and just about keeled over. The husband jumped out of the closet with a grin.

H: "So? Whaddya think???"
K: "It's a vacuum!" [smiling]
H: "Yeah. It's a DYSON."
K: "I know! It's...a vacuum!" [smiling wider]
H: [stares at me expectantly]
K: "It's a REALLY NICE vacuum!" [still smiling]
H: "Fuck, I am such an idiot..."
K: "NO NO NO!!! It's great! It's a...vacuum!" [forcing a grin]

Now, I'm the type of person who cannot hide what I'm feeling. All the grinning in the world couldn't hide the fact that I was completely shocked. Not unhappy kind of shocked, just completely taken aback that my husband [he of "We don't need a $500 vacuum"] would drop that kind of cash on a household appliance. And for Valentine's Day no less. I guess shock wasn't the reaction he was looking for, and the fact that I didn't immediately drop to my knees to service him was, apparently, a sign that I completely hated my gift.


H: "The girls at work said this would be a good idea...fuck..."
K: "It's a great idea! It's a really nice...vacuum!"
H: "I should have gotten the jewelry..."
K: "No! It's great! You were creative, you took a chance!"
H: "You would have preferred the cheap ass jewelry...goddammit..."
K: "It's just...so expensive!"
H: "It's the best there is!"
K: "I know it is! It's fabulous!"
H: "Oh yeah...great gift. Happy Valentine's Day, now clean my house bitch."
K: "Noooo, I wasn't thinking that! Stop it, it's a great vacuum..."
H: "Uh huh...sure..."
K: "It's just so expensive! We could have gotten a refurb on Amazon..." [voice trailing off]

Husband got this horrified look on his face.

H: "HOW MUCH IS A REFURB???"
K: "Um...I can't remember...never mind."


So today I came home to flowers and candy, since he felt like an asshole for buying his wife a vacuum for V Day. It's a great vacuum though, and boy was I was the envy of the teacher's lounge.

The thing is completely kick-ass, it looks like something that belongs in space and it sucks like nobody's business. I could pick up a bowling ball with it if I wanted.

It's ok, you can be jealous. It's a perfectly natural reaction.

Kirby Guy would be spitting nails if he could see me now...

9 Comments:

  • At 2/14/2006 6:44 PM, Blogger Kara said…

    CongratsI had to pay 100 bucks more for the purple one because of my dog, and it whoops my old Kirby's ass.

    But uh... Valentine's Day. Hmm. It would make more sense for Christmas.

    Well maybe he uh... wants you to have to spend less time on housework, since now vacuuming will take much less time. More time giving him that big payback he wanted. Or something.

     
  • At 2/14/2006 6:45 PM, Blogger Kara said…

    Oh I should mention I got it on sale, thank almighty God.

    Otherwise I would have had to sell a kidney.

     
  • At 2/14/2006 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lube him up and let Dyson give him the BJ. LMAO, seriously tho, I am jealous.

     
  • At 2/14/2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Wizzie said…

    I want one.

     
  • At 2/14/2006 8:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Jealous-YES, My DH Thinks of Valentines day as a Hallmark Holiday. Hence usually I dont get shit except a Happy v-day hun when he leaves in the morning. O well a girl can dream.....

    You must certainly have him trained well! lol


    Steph

     
  • At 2/15/2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husband was romantic too....I got golf lessons. I mean I like the golf lessons, but for Valentine's Day????
    He didn't get a BJ either.

     
  • At 2/15/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said…

    I'm jealous about the Dyson, although not so much over the day it was given. I'd love a Dyson. I lust after one the way I lust after a Mini Cooper.

    I got a card for Valentine's Day. I gave him a cd I made. It's a good one, even if I do say so myself.

     
  • At 2/15/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger K said…

    I really love my vacuum. I don't want anyone to have the impression that I don't like it. I really do! Honestly, flowers and candy would have been completely cool with me, so the vacuum is a bonus. The timing was just a little...odd.

     
  • At 2/18/2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cootie stole my answer.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org