Great moments in parenting

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My husband and I were spending quality time together, which basically means each of us on our own computer, but still in the same room, occasionally interacting via instant messenger if one of us comes across an interesting link, when I suddenly realized we hadn't seen either of our younger children in probably half an hour.

I went to their room to investigate, and found each of them snug in their beds, passed out having been watching Thomas the Tank Engine. An unpleasant odor was coming from the bottom bunk, where Youngest Child was snoozing.

Husband was right behind me, and started changing Youngest Child while I tucked in Middle Child, when he suddenly started freaking out.

H: "[YC], keep your hands out of there!"
K: "What's he doing?"
H: "He's half asleep, trying to grab..."
K: "Well did he?"
H: [pauses] "Yeah, give me more wipes...he just touched his dirty asshole."
K: "WHAAAAT?"
H: "Well he DID!" [annoyed]
K: [stumbles out of room, doubled over in laughter]


Parents of the Year. Yup. We're in contention.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/24/2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Applauds from one great parent to another. You wonder how we all make it through. But if we can't laugh at it, we couldn't handle it.

    Reminded me of when DS was a baby and had diarrhea (SP?) and it was just firing out. I screamed for his dad who was laughing so hard he couldn't do anything. Left me with a bad spot on the carpet, a ruined shoe, an a very upset stomach. It was sooooo funny though, it was worth it. Never new a 5 month old was capable of that. One of many silly memories as a parent I'll never forget.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org