People who should be shot on sight

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just in case anyone thought I was full of shit...here is the photo I promised.




Yes, folks, you're seeing this right...trees with painted trunks. What. The. Fuck.


You would think this is an isolated incident...a result of mild retardation...sorry, kids, but that's not the case. Behold, the neighbor's house:


Now, these people were clearly ahead of their time. As you can see, this particularly paint job is faded, as they defaced their tree several years ago.

And finally, the other neighbor:


Notice they've paved their ENTIRE FUCKING YARD. What you're seeing used to be a lawn. Apparently, mowing was just too much trouble.


This isn't my neighborhood, but it's close enough to piss me off. What a bunch of assbites.

5 Comments:

  • At 1/29/2006 7:06 AM, Blogger Wizzie said…

    That is really really weird.

     
  • At 1/29/2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said…

    That IS strange. Is it possible that it's some kind of a treatment for pests? To keep something off of them?

    The pavement thing is just wrong. If they didn't want to mow, how about some landscaping! Sheesh.

     
  • At 1/29/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger K said…

    I gave the benefit of the doubt and looked into that possibility, but no, it is not pest treatment. I've seen these fucks painting trees in my city with my own eyes, using a can of Dutch Boy. They do it because they think it's decorative.



    "Wrapping, painting, or installing other trunk protective devices around all planted trees is no longer a standard practice...Damage reported from using protective materials include cracked or split bark, fungal and bacterial diseases due to excess moisture held behind wraps, borer infestations under plastic guards, cambial damage during the summer due to high temperature injury, and most frequently, damage due to trunk girdling or constriction."

     
  • At 1/30/2006 12:53 AM, Blogger Kara said…

    Where I used to live, they did (do?) that A LOT, and they had some non-decorative but still inexcusable reason that I can't remember.

    I was about 10, though, and I just remember thinking that it was uh... to keep all the dog pee from soaking in.

    Go ahead. I can take it.

     
  • At 1/30/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger K said…

    I'm a city girl to the core, Bukes...but I still hate to see a tree defaced in such a manner. Bark is like skin, imagine having paint on your skin 24/7 and not being able to get it off. Imagine how sick you'd get if someone attacked you with a gallon of latex paint and didn't allow you to wash. Jesus Christ. I get angrier the more I think about it.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org