Lost Love

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Forlorn Lover Leaves Huge Diamond Ring in Stranger's Car

December 15, 2005

WESTBOROUGH, Mass. --An anonymous gift-giver, apparently depressed over a lost love, left a $15,000 diamond engagement ring in somebody's else's unlocked car in a commuter parking lot.

The ring came in a box topped with a white bow and accompanied by a note, which read: "Merry Christmas. Thank you for leaving your car door unlocked. Instead of stealing your car I gave you a present. Hopefully this will land in the hands of someone you love, for my love is gone now. Merry Christmas to you."

A 37-year-old Northborough man found the three-diamond, white gold ring on the seat of his car, which he had parked at the MBTA train station in Westborough on Dec. 7, The MetroWest Daily News of Framingham reported Thursday.

He called police to report the find four days later, after he had the ring appraised.

"This appears to be random, but we don't really know," said police Lt. Paul Donnelly.

Police declined to identify the man. A police report said he had decided to keep the ring.



I was really bothered after reading this. Did his fiancee die? Leave him for another? What did he do after he left it, jump off a bridge or swallow some pills? How incredibly sad to lose your one true love, and at Christmastime to boot.

Generally, I only have this kind of reaction when I read a tragic news story about a child, but I find myself hoping that this poor grown-up bastard is ok. Those who have loved and lost can probably relate to his pain the most...those who have felt that awful pressure in your chest that feels like your heart is literally going to break in two if you dare to take just one more breath...having that overwhelming urge to just go to sleep to avoid the anguish...feeling like your eyes are going to pop out of sockets swollen from crying...praying for time to somehow reset itself so you could have a chance to make it right...

I hope this guy walked away from that car feeling better and not worse. I hope he's ok.


EDIT:

An anonymous commenter made a good point...maybe a woman left the ring. I suppose this is possible, but it really doesn't change my feelings. Either way, I hope this person is well.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/15/2005 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are assuming it is a man. It could be a woman's 3 stone anniversary ring, and a woman left it.

    Keep on bloggin'! Glad you retired from the midnight sweat shop.

     
  • At 12/15/2005 7:09 PM, Blogger Wizzie said…

    That post really touched me...

    I may only be 16, but I seriously think I am in love... :S

     
  • At 12/15/2005 9:51 PM, Blogger K said…

    You're right, it could be a woman, but all the news stations are referring to the anonymous gift-giver as a man, so maybe the police know something we don't? Who knows. Either way, terribly sad.

    Bob, you're a cheeky little monkey...

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org