Admitting a problem is the first step toward recovery.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I was inspired by Riss to make a list of the worst songs I have on my hard drive.

13 Songs I Am Ashamed to Admit That I Once Liked
(and might still like...gag)

1) Bye Bye Bye by 'nSync
  • Catchy shit. I can't believe I once sucked bad enough to download it, however.
2) Candy Shop by 50 Cent
  • I like this song, but I would never be caught dead playing it with anyone else in my car. Chubby white girls are not allowed to rock out to "Candy Shop" in public.
3) Never Ever by All Saints
  • Fucking cookie cutter girl bands. Fun to sing along with, however.
4) Blame it on the Weatherman by B*Witched
  • This one was on the "Charmed" soundtrack, so that's my justification for this one.
5) Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
  • In my defense, it was my wedding song. Shut up.
6) Foolish Beat by Debbie Gibson
  • Fond memories of cutting holes in my jeans and attempting to draw smiley faces on my knees with magic marker. More fond memories of my mom kicking my ass for said activity.
7) He Loves U Not by Dream
  • Guilty pleasure. No excuse.
8) Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne
  • I dream of being a milf one day. Not one that actually fucks children, but a milf nonetheless.
9) Put Your Ass Into It by Ice Cube
  • Another fun song that chubby white girls are not allowed to like.
10) I'm Sensitive by Jewel
  • Fucking horrible, whiny fag song. Die.
11) Candy by Mandy Moore
  • I'm missin' you like caaaaannnndaaaayayayayayaaaaaaaaa...just sing it, admit you like it, and shut the fuck up. I know I'm not alone in this one.
12) Hanging Tough and The Right Stuff by New Kids on the Block
  • These were NOT my fault, Ghengis burned me a bunch of mp3's and snuck these on the disc. I loaded it without even knowing. Fucker.
13) Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
  • I thought a chick sang this song for the longest time. Ugh.


I know, I know...it's awful. You don't even want to know me anymore now that you've seen 'nSync in my music catalog. In an attempt to salvage my now-damaged image with my loyal readers, I give you...

21 Bands I Am OK With Admitting Are On My Hard Drive
(alphabetically)

1) ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of the Dead
2) Ben Lee
3) Breaking Benjamin
4) Butch Walker
5) Dave Matthews Band
6) Evanescence
7) Fall Out Boy
8) Foo Fighters
9) Green Day
10) Kay Hanley
11) Letters to Cleo
12) Linkin Park
13) Nine Inch Nails
14) Queens of the Stone Age
15) Rachel Yamagata
16) Sarah McLachlan
17) Sevendust
18) Sublime
19) The Killers
20) The Used
21) Third Eye Blind



My taste doesn't suck, but I have clearly had a few weak, pop-infected moments. I don't delete any of my music because it's almost like a history; good, bad and sometimes ugly. Besides, it's fun to look back and admit that you used to rock out to Mandy Moore with the windows rolled up and nobody else around.

4 Comments:

  • At 12/21/2005 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Scuse me, I have New Kids On The Block as well.... EWW!! LMBO!! My girls love it, as do I.

     
  • At 12/22/2005 10:01 AM, Blogger J. said…

    OK, there is absolutely nothing wrong with "Stacy's Mom." Except maybe the Dr. Pepper commercial that used it.

    I can't believe anyone else still remembers Letters to Cleo, I used to love them. And by them, I mean the freaky/cute lead singer chick.

     
  • At 12/22/2005 6:55 PM, Blogger clumsy-of-me said…

    OOhh, n'Sync? Man you are amazingly confident and self assured to come out of the closet with that one. Respect sister! I liked the New Kids too but my husband can NEVER know. I have him fooled into believing that I have always been into Indie Rock and was born knowing who Pavement and Built to Spill are. Love your blog. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 12/22/2005 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG I love all the songs on your "bad" list! Well, except for the Celine Dion and Jewel ones. Nothing wrong with bubble-gum pop music. What, no Tiffany?

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org