You, sir, can F off!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

One of my superiors at the hellhole just called. Fucker blocked his caller ID, so I didn't let the machine pick it up.

S: "Hi K, this is [so and so] from [hellhole]."
K: [thinking..."ooohhhh shiiiiiit..."] "Hi."
S: "Listen, we have an emergency on the afternoon shift."
K: "Uh huh."
S: "We're processing 25,000 more packages than expected."
K: "Well that sure sucks."
S: "Can you come in for 5:45?" [my normal shift is at 10]
K: [hits mute button so Supervisor doesn't hear hysterical laughter]
S: "K?"
K: "My husband is working late, I really can't."
S: [silence]
K: "I have nobody to watch my kids."
S: [silence]
K: "I'll try, but there's no way I can be there so early."
S: "Well do what you can, we'll see you soon." [click]

Let's see...it's the night before Thanksgiving, and any extra hours I work wouldn't even be overtime because I'm salaried. As it is, I'll probably be there until 5am on my normal shift.

Yeah. I'll do what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SaveNetRadio.org