Teachers suck at words, too

Monday, November 21, 2005

My cooperating teacher is stupid.

  • She is horribly disorganized, yet she labels her shelves...fruitless, since the books are never on the right shelf. Anyway, her "Grammar" shelf is labeled "Grammer". Jesus fucking Christ, you look at the fucking book EVERY DAY, lady, and you're like 60, you don't know how to spell Grammar YET???
"Why you stupid bitch."

  • The children were taking turns reading the science book aloud, and one child came to the word "lemur" and actually pronounced it properly. Too bad Miss Dumbass had to come to the rescue. "It's leh-MER, not LEE-mer," she said. Several students spoke up in protest, only to be told to put their heads down for being insubordinate. Argh. I figured if I spoke up, I'd probably have to put MY head down too.
"Screw up my name again and
I'll smear my poo on you, whore."

  • I was grading papers, and found that I had to divide 100 by 15, so I grabbed a scrap of paper and worked it out. Now, I knew off the top of my head that it was about 6 and a half, but I wanted the exact decimal so I wouldn't screw the kids out of any points (turns out it was 6.667). "I have a grading sheet, do you want that?" "No, it only takes a second to work it out on paper, keeps my mind sharp." She looked at me like I was out of my mind and walked away. It didn't occur to me until later that she probably doesn't have the necessary equipment for mental math.
  • Last week, I was again grading papers (I'm pretty much her paper bitch) and it was a test covering a story they'd read the week before involving hurricanes. Now, I didn't read the story, but I've got enough general knowledge to be able to mark third grade papers. "You're not using the answer key?" "No, I can handle it." Again, she looked at me like I was nuts and walked away. I even caught her double checking my corrections after the fact. Teachers shouldn't need answer keys, lady! Christ.

And here I sit wondering why her students can't spell "fuck".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SaveNetRadio.org