Mao Zedong? 'Zat YOU?

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Well it's been a full two days since I last updated, and I sincerely apologize to the 100 or so people who still loyally checked up on my progress, only to be cyber-slapped in the face by my laziness. I had good reason to be absent this weekend, I swear:

Friday Night:
Went into the city for a housewarming, which will get a story all it's own, probably tomorrow.

Saturday:
Craft fair mania! Yvonne had me up at the ass-crack of dawn to get in line for the largest annual craft fair in our area. This will likely get a post as well.

Today:
The husband and I moved everyone in the house to new sleeping quarters. We've been meaning to do this since Youngest Child was born, and seeing as he just started school, we decided we'd procrastinated long enough.

Oldest Child went from sharing a room with Middle Child to having a room all his own, which is our old bedroom. We moved into Youngest Child's room, and moved Youngest Child into bunk beds with Middle Child. I've spent 12 hours straight sneezing from all the dust mite poo we kicked up by moving everything (curse you, Kirby Man), but all the heavy stuff is finally done.

The husband had to move his armoire, which is a solid 200 pounds, and he really didn't wanna strain his back, so he started looking around the house for something to slide it on. This is what he came up with:

I straight up laughed in his face, and asked if I could get the video camera to record his folly. He smirked at me as he lifted one side and easily wheeled it into the next room. "Moving Men my ASS!" he snickered. The cars weren't even damaged.

Well I'll be goddamned, I'm married to a genius.


Anyway, I'm taking my Benadryl and heading off to bed. Hopefully I'll have something somewhat entertaining to contribute tomorrow night. Until then, have a chuckle reading about a dead dictator's new career...

Mao Zedong look-alike a big hit as a wedding MC in China

Hey Chairman!
Can we get The Chicken Dance
up in this hizzy?

3 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2005 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good price on the moving men!

     
  • At 10/24/2005 7:52 PM, Blogger K said…

    Well I'll tell you what...Amazon musta seen my blog and dropped their price, 'cuz now the world knows that their product is ASS! ASS I TELL YOU!!!

     
  • At 10/25/2005 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A 200 pound piece of furniture couldn't destroy those toy cars, but I'll bet your kids could, if they're anything like mine!

    I applaud his brilliance. My dh moved a desk for me this weekend, and it's now in the burn pile--he destroyed it. Next time, I'll just get some toys and move it myself.

     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    SaveNetRadio.org